10 November 2006

New Yummy

I've been in Johannesburg for much of the week, working for money, instead of paying attention to self-sufficiency issues. On the other hand there are a couple of things I'd really like to do that require some money – help our son pay university fees, install solar-power stuff in the house, get some more extensive Zone 4 stuff going down the
slope of our land...

On my return, catching up on my reading, I have discovered something new, courtesy of the folk at farmlet.co.nz – Garlic Scapes.

We tried them for the first time last night, on Pizza, after cooking them lightly with a bit of garlic butter.  Wow!  What a delicious and wonderful discovery.  They will certainly feature on the menu here as often as possible!

Thank You Rebecca for teaching us a new trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...